Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Shuffle: Anniversary Edition


Last night Mikey called to ask if I wanted to celebrate with wine or with champagne; two minutes later he called back and said he had hearts floating around his head and couldn't remember which one I wanted.

Hearts floating around his head! I melted.

Then he came home with a beautiful diamond cross necklace and a bottle of Dom PĂ©rignon, and we went out to dinner, where Britt was a hellion and a half.

After we got home and put her to bed, we had a little couch party. And you don't need to know anything more about that.

Anyway, in honor of our 10th wedding anniversary and the 14th anniversary of our first date, I fast-forwarded through my iTunes shuffle to find something appropriate:

1. You're All I Need to Get By, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
2. Let's Stay Together, Al Green
3. Hard to Handle, Black Crowes (this was in the cassette player during our first date)
4. You Make Loving Fun, Fleetwood Mac
5. Maybe I'm Amazed, Paul McCartney
6. Pride and Joy, Stevie Ray Vaughan
7. Old Brown Shoe, The Beatles
8. God Only Knows, The Beach Boys
9. An Old-Fashioned Love Song, Three Dog Night
10. I've Been Loving You Too Long, Otis Redding

Aw, why stop at ten? Here's four more for the years we lived in sin:

11. Happy Together, The Turtles
12. Jungle Love, Morris Day & the Time
13. Melt With You, Modern English
14. What Is Life, George Harrison

No comments: