Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dang, y'all


I'm fixin' to go see my mama this weekend, so I'm sitting here burning CDs of classic country music that I've collected for her.

Meanwhile, I had a browser page open in the background and my eye fell upon these words:

Mama, don't EVER stop writing this blog, I would die if I couldn't read this everyday!! This is the best blog in the history of the universe! Keep up the good work!

And, you know, just for a second there, my distracted mind imagined that I was looking at my own blog page, and that one of my beloved children had written those sweet words to me.

However, I was mistaken.

Those words were written to Mama at The Real Estalker (which is absolutely hilarious, BTW; you should go check it out).

I felt so happy, just for a second, that when I realized my mistake, my heart broke just a little.

(***sniff***)

Oh, Bob, that reminds me: Your sister found your name on the state's unclaimed property listings. You've got a $90 tax refund check waiting for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Mom that is how I feel about your blog. I do read it everyday. Sometimes I even check it a couple times a day to see if you've updated it by chance during the day.

I love you,

Bridgie

Sandra D said...

Thank you, baby. That's sweet of you to say. I love you, too.