Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's the shits, man


I'm sorry to keep going on and on about this but, since my whole life revolves around it right now, I don't have much else to talk about.

Britt still won't poop in the potty.

I let her run around with a bare butt one day and she sneaked off and put on a Pull-Up and pooped in it.

The next time I tried it I hid the Pull-Ups from her, so she sneaked off to her room, got some panties out of her drawer, put them on and pooped in them.

Then I hid all her panties with the Pull-Ups and tried again. She got into a bag of outgrown clothes that were sitting in her room and found a pair of size 2T panties (she wears a 4T), put them on and pooped in them.

Tonight I got her dressed for bed and put a Pull-Up on her, then went out to the garage for a smoke. A little bit later Mikey came out and said that he knew how to get her to poop on the potty.

Oh, yeah? (says I)
As soon as you left, she hid behind the couch and started grunting.
So did you put her on the potty?
Well, no. She pooped in the Pull-Up.
And this is your big epiphany?

He explained that I should try putting her on the potty after I put a Pull-Up on her, thinking that it somehow triggered her poop reflex. I explained to him the error of his thinking.

I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom lately waiting for brown gold, and it just ain't happening. The thing is, Britt has excellent poop control. She never, ever poops when we're away from home. She outwaits me when I make her sit on the potty and try to talk her into letting it go. Sometimes, like today, she holds it all day long until an opportune moment presents itself.

She just doesn't want to do it in the potty, and she isn't going to until she wants to. I guess the trick is to figure out how to make her want to.

She's a stubborn one, Britt is. I haven't fought such a battle of wills since Bridgie was a teenager.

No comments: