Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Rare Treat


After our trip to Mom's last weekend, Monday was spent on frantic house straightening and carpet cleaning.

My sister Debbie came for a visit on Tuesday with my grandnieces Madison and Emily in tow. They're 10 and 7 and Britt was beyond thrilled to have kids right here at home for her to play with.

Deb and I upheld family tradition by cracking open a jigsaw puzzle on the kitchen table and gossiping about our kids, our siblings, their kids, and Mom. So, if your ears were burning this week, now you know why.

We went out to eat Tuesday night and then went over to inspect Chris and Sherri's new house. They have a lot of work to do, but it'll be really nice when they get it all done. And it's only a few miles from here, instead of in a whole 'nother town, so maybe I'll get to see Sherri more often.

On Wednesday, we went over to my in-laws' and spent a lazy afternoon lounging by the pool while the girls swam and played, then we came home and grilled some burgers, finished our puzzle, and gossiped some more.

Alas, our time passed too quickly and suddenly it was Thursday and Deb and the girls had to head home. And right now I sorely miss living close enough to my brother and sisters to be able to spend quality time with them more than once or twice a year.

(***sniff***)

No comments: