Sunday, April 15, 2007

First bite of the Apple


So I got my new iMac Wednesday night. Did I immediately unpack it and get it set up and running?

Well, no.

Did I do it on Thursday?

No.

Friday?

No.

Saturday?

Um, no.

Gah, what is wrong with me? Instead of leaping about with joy, I'm feeling totally blah about the whole thing.

(***shrug***)

Beats me.

Anyway, I finally got it out of the box and set it up today, and it's just beeee-youtiful! It's all sleek and shiny, and it's so quiet! It doesn't wheeze and whine like my old one does.

Also, there's a tiny little video camera mounted at the top of the screen, and I was startled to see myself onscreen a couple of times during the set-up process. Live! In my jammies with ratty-looking hair and no makeup. Um, nobody can just dial in and look at me, can they? I have to turn the camera on from my end, right? Because Bridgie's already teasing me about putting a piece of black tape over the lens.

Still to do:
  • Find the CD that came with my printer so I can get it hooked up.
  • Try to install the software that came with my new digital camera.
  • Try to install the software for Mikey's camera phone.
  • Buy this, because there is no Mac version of the family tree software I've been using all these years.
It took me awhile to figure out that the browser loaded on my iMac is called Safari, but I was finally able to confirm that the Internet connection works. But the browser window is way smaller than it is on my old 13-inch monitor, even on Maximize, and I can't figure out how to make it any bigger. It doesn't even fill half the screen. WTF?

So am I typing this blog entry on my shiny new iMac?

Oh, hell, no. I can't frickin' see what I'm doing in that tiny little browser window!

No comments: