Saturday, May 26, 2007

She's Gone


Bob came down yesterday, loaded up Britt and took her back to Kansas with him.

Headed to Kansas

Oh, my sweet doll -- this is the first time she's been away from us in two years and I miss her so much. I keep listening for her and turning to look at her or talk to her, but she's not there and then I go, Oh, yeah...

But she'll be back on Monday, so there's just two more days to get through without her.

In the meantime, I'm keeping myself busy by fiddling around with iTunes, adding and deleting songs and setting up folders for different kinds of music. It's finally shaping up so's I can set it on shuffle and listen without wanting to hit the skip button on every other song.

Currently playing:

1. Golden Slumbers, The Beatles
2. The Rodeo Song, Garry Lee & the Showdown (lyrics here; I know you've heard it before)
3. Crippled Heart Blues, Lana Martino-Smith
4. Just Like a Woman, Bob Dylan
5. Too Much Time on My Hands, Styx (exactly!)
6. Just an Old-Fashioned Love Song, Three Dog Night
7. Limelight, Rush
8. A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles
9. I Saw Her Again, The Mamas & the Papas
10. Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd

It's better than it was, anyway.

So, since we're having a kidless weekend, Mikey took me out to dinner -- like on a real date -- and then we went to Dillard's to spend my Christmas gift certificate (my in-laws never know what to get me). I tried on 14 shirts and found only two that fit, and got a couple of pairs of jeans.

And now I'm about to say something I never thought I'd say in this lifetime:

My boobs are too big.

That's mostly why all those shirts didn't fit.

I had to buy a bigger bra last year and didn't think I was getting the push-up version, but it sure acts like one; now I've got cleavage up to my chin. Just two years ago, before I gained all this weight, my boobies were rattling around in too-big B cups, and now I feel like Chestica Simpson (though not quite as stupid, or as blonde. Or as young. Or as skinny). I think it's time to go up another size.

Also, I'm thinking about chopping my hair off.

No comments: