Thursday, May 03, 2007

BrittSpeak


I was trying to read a book to Britt when she put her hands over my mouth and said, "Stop talking now! Mouth off!"

I try not to cuss -- because Little Miss Big Ears copies everything I do -- so I say things like "God bless America!" or "Merciful heavens!" or "Good God almighty!" a lot. So now, Britt's running around saying "My God mighty!" all the time.

Whenever she doesn't want something, she'll say, "No! I can't have it!" When I ask if she wants something to eat, sometimes she'll say, "No, I can't hungry yet."

She likes to whisper "secrets." She'll come up and whisper gibberish in my ear and I'll whisper gibberish in her ear, and she'll just laugh and laugh.

My roses are blooming now, and she knows what flowers are but she was puzzled by the buds, so I explained to her that they're baby flowers. So now she pets them very gently, saying "Awww, baby roses! So cute!"

1 comment:

Blogarita said...

If I try to feed Sparky something new, she says, "I can't like it."