Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


To a girl

Baby Betty

who grew up

Little Betty

to marry a handsome fella

scan0002

and raise a passel of kids

My Siblings and Me

who turned out pretty all right.

My Family

Well, mostly all right. I mean, none of us are on death row or nuthin'.

My Siblings and Me

(My sisters are going to kill me for this.)

We made her a grandma

The Grandkids

(Sherri's gonna kill me for this one.)

and they made her a great-grandma.

(Sorry, I don't have a picture of the great-grandkids all together. There's a bunch of 'em.)

But then, she was always great -- loving wife, devoted mom, and the most indulgent grandma ever.

Have a happy, Ma. I love you!

2 comments:

bookworm said...

Actually, that's a better picture than the one I thought was coming (I knew one was coming after seeing the one of you and your sibs!). I expected the one from out at Glen's in Locust Grove. This one is from out at Debbie's old place, isn't it? I don't remember that big black dog - all I remember is that stupid goat that used to run up and down the roof in the middle of the night!

Sandra D said...

Yep, it's at Debbie's. And I remember Daisy the goat, too. She'd always try to climb into the car with me.