Friday, January 05, 2007

I finally got my car back!


Except Mikey took it today to get an oil change and to be generally checked over to make sure we're ready to roll.

According to the invoice, it cost $68 to have Bridgie's car towed, $120 to put the stuff back together that Bob took apart, and $95 for a new battery -- which is ridiculous and Mikey's supposed to be talking to them about that today. So, if Bridgie's car had gone into the shop six months ago when it was still driveable, it only would've cost about $480 to fix. And Britt and me wouldn't have been stuck here at the house all this time.

It turned out to be a cracked radiator and a bad ignition, by the way.

Anyway, we're reserved and paid up for the February and March Toddler Two classes at the OKC zoo; the January class (which is tomorrow) was already full. I'm fixin' to sign us up for art classes at the OKC Museum of Art. Also, the Oklahoma Children's Theatre is doing Treasure Island later this month and Britt likes pirates, so we'll probably go see it.

So now that we're about to go public, I'm feeling a little bit of stage fright. I'm not sure I'll remember how to act. I need a good haircut, and I've only got two long-sleeved shirts and two pairs of jeans that fit, which was enough when I never went anywhere, so I guess I need to go shopping.

Ugh, I hate shopping.

Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better than I have in a while. We've got stuff to look forward to and interesting things to do, and I think Britt will have a lot of fun. And if she's having fun, I'll have fun just watching her.

P.S.: I've finally decided to get serious about potty-training. I kept Britt in pull-ups today and planned to sit her on the potty every two hours, but she foiled me. She kept pooping in her pants 15 minutes before her two hours were up, and at 4:00 she peeped while she was standing in her bathwater. And then I gave it up for the day. Maybe we need to try every hour and a half or something, I dunno. I really don't remember how to do this.

No comments: