Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Busy day


We had to go shopping today because it had recently (very recently) come to my attention that Mikey's birthday is TOMORROW (yikes!). He's turning 37, which just astonishes me to no end. We've been together since he was a young and tender 23. And I was a cradle-robbing 31.

Something I've noticed since getting my car back: Britt's gotten a lot taller and heavier in the past six months; now it's hard to hoist her up into her car seat because its sides are so high, and sometimes I even bang her head on the roof. My car is tiny and there just isn't much room to maneuver back there. So today I looked at booster seats, and guess what? They have arms! That flip up! Which ought to make it easier to get her in and out of the car. Also, their recommended weight ranges start at 30 pounds and I know she's heavier than that so I think we'll be getting one very soon.

When we left the house today I fixed her up with a CD Walkman (my 1995 Zipmobile still has only a cassette player) so she could listen to her new Baby Einstein music CDs. It cracked me up to watch her in the rear-view mirror, bopping her head and clapping along to music I couldn't even hear.

Today was our first day back at baby/toddler playtime at the library; I only had to tell Britt once not to take a toy away from another kid, so that was good; I was afraid she'd be more aggressive since she's pretty demanding at home. She did great until the end of the session, which closes with a story and lap games. She didn't want to sit on my lap; she wanted to run around gathering and stacking books like she does at home, so she had a mini-meltdown when I had to put the iron grip on her.

Our next scheduled activity is Saturday morning at the OKC Museum of Art, where we're supposed to explore "Things That Are Cold" and then paint with chilled finger paints. Britt's never painted before except with, like, pudding and melted ice cream and stuff, but I think it'll be right up her alley.

Speaking of art, she drew this on her Doodle-Pro today:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can you tell it's a puppy? Britt says it's a puppy. I say it's a puppy hiking its leg.

No comments: