Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Pre-season training


Britt's added two new words to her vocabulary: "pee-peep" and "poo-poop." Potty-training time is coming (sooner rather than later, I hope), and now she can tell me what's in her diaper. Maybe before long she can tell me before it's in her diaper.

She's also been supervising my bathroom breaks; she's fascinated by the whole procedure and insists on doling out toilet paper for me, although I have to keep a hand on the roll or else she'll take off running down the hall stringing paper through the house.

One day last week she was playing in her room so I thought I could slip in, go "peep" and get back to what I was doing without any fuss. I should've either left the door open or shut it all the way, but I didn't. I had pushed it almost closed, so when she came barreling through the door at top speed, outraged that I'd left her out of the loop, the door slammed open against the wall.

It wasn't until I was leaving the bathroom and felt resistance when I tried to pull the door closed behind me that I realized she had knocked the doorknob plumb through the wall.

(There used to be a doorstop there. Where'd it go?)

So now there's a doorknob-sized hole in my bathroom wall, and sometimes I feel like it's watching me.

No comments: