Sunday, May 07, 2006

Nameless no more


We finally named our dog, I guess.

Mikey and I couldn't agree on anything, so we sort of let Britt do it by default. She still calls the dog Cat, mostly, but we've been trying to get her to say "puppy" and the best she's been able to do is "peh-poo," which sort of sounds like "pepper," so we named her Pepper. Officially, her name will be "(our last name)'s Peppermint Patty," once we get the papers filled out and sent in.

I'm trying Lesley's suggestion to sprinkle peppercorns in my flowerbeds to keep Pepper from digging in them. Sort of. I do have a jar of peppercorns, but it's got a grinder built into the lid and I couldn't get it off, so I sprinkled freshly ground pepper on the places where she's been digging. She sniffed around for a while like it smelled pretty interesting, but I haven't seen any signs of fresh digging since then. Of course, it rained last night so I'll have to do it again to see if it really works.

Anyway, I've been trying to teach Britt to say "Pepper," so now she calls the dog "Pecker."

1 comment:

bookworm said...

Bridgie used to call lasgne "Pissonya", and Bob used to say "Fruck" instead of truck.

Those are the only two I remember from when we were kids.