Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A dog named Cat?


We still haven't agreed on a name for our new dog. I hate everything Mikey suggests, and he hates everything I come up with.

Britt still calls her Cat.

She's been very good with Britt so far. She hasn't nipped or growled at her a single time. They romp around the backyard together like... well, like a couple of puppies.

We knew she was a chewer; I read about that before we got her, so we supplied her with plenty of chew toys. It didn't work, though. My purple clematis had two branches growing from the root; she's already chewed through one of them. My pink clematis had five branches and she's chewed through four. It's was in full bloom, too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The left side is what it's supposed to look like. The right side looks how I feel: sad and droopy.

We did not know she would be a digger. She's been digging in my canna bed, and she dug two huge holes in the flowerbed around the bay window.

(**head in hands**)

So we had another "what are we gonna name our dog" session last night. I suggested "Calamity Jane."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard somewhere that if you sprinkle peppercorns in areas you don't want dogs to be the smell will keep them away. I don't know if it would hurt the flowers, but it would be safe for Britt.

Les