Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last night


I was in the garage smoking when Mikey popped his head out and told me he was going to mail the mail. Then he left.

A few minutes later, I was ready to go back in the house and -- guess what?

Yep. The door was locked.

I was locked in the garage with the baby monitor and an extremely tedious book and Brittany was asleep in her room -- alone.

I don't like being locked out of my house. I tend to freak out, just a little.

So Mikey came home and found me sitting here in front of the computer.

You locked me out.

What?


You locked me out.


How'd I do that?


Well, I guess you turned that little thingy on the knob when you shut the door.


How'd you get in?


I got in.


How?


I got in. You need to fix the door jamb.


Oh, great.


Oh, great? Oh, great? Like I'm the one who caused the problem?

I couldn't stay mad for long, though. He brought me a Blue Bell Texas Size Double Fudge Bar. Only 240 calories and 11 grams of fat. Diet, schmiet -- it's heaven on a stick.

1 comment:

bookworm said...

When Chris & I went on our honeymoon, we were in a non-smoking cabin, so had to go outside for a cigarette. He actually wasn't smoking at that time, but he went outside with me after we got everything unloaded, and he'd left the front door standing wide open, so I asked him to "Pull the door to." Which meant pull it most of the way closed but not actually closed! Well, he pulled it all the way closed so we were locked out on our honeymoon. I was ready to break a window to get back inside, but he managed to do the credit card trick and get us back in. Thank goodness!