Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween(ed Out)


Yesterday was the costume parade at school, where the kids were led through the halls to collect candy from church ladies stationed along the route:

Costume Parade

Britt looks really excited, doesn't she? The gypsy holding her hand is her teacher, Miss Millie.

I think she's getting burned out on the costume thing since she balked for a minute about putting it on tonight for the third time, until she remembered that it would get her more candy.

Ladybug

She watched some other trick-or-treaters work the cul-de-sac while Poppa changed his socks:

Ladybug

And she flitted around a bit, you know, like ladybugs do:

Flying Ladybug

Then she flopped down on the ground

Ladybug

and handed me her wings.

Ladybug

Then she rolled around on the grass,

Ladybug

just enjoying nature. Or something. You know, like ladybugs do.

And then she did some actual trick-or-treating:

Ladybug

We covered about three blocks and she was really good about saying "Trick-or-treat!" and "Thank you," but I had to keep reminding her to only push each doorbell once. She likes to ring ours every time she comes through the front door. A lot.

After we got home, Mikey took her to see Gigi and his folks to collect more candy, and her wings and antennae got lost somewhere along the way. When they came back, Britt shrieked, "My wings! My...my...my..." and then she waved her hand around her head because she doesn't know the word "antennae." It was cute. Maybe you had to be there.

Anyway, yay! Halloween is over and now I can chill, except that tomorrow night we go to the first birthday party outside the family that Britt's ever been invited to. And, of course, it's a princess party and all the girls are supposed to dress "princessy" and Britt doesn't have a princess costume. She could go as a ladybug princess, but now she doesn't have any wings or antennae.

(***sigh***)

So I'll be keeping an eye peeled for marked-down princess costumes when I go shopping for a birthday gift tomorrow. Wish me luck on that.

No comments: