Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's always something


I'd planned on having a fresh post up by now about Britt's first class at the zoo last Saturday, complete with cute pictures, but there was a problem.

I got a new digital camera for Christmas; it's got twice the mega-pixels of my old camera, and it's only one-third the size. And no more floppy disks, ever! Wheee!

But there was a problem.

When I push the button to take a picture, it hesitates for about two seconds (to focus, I guess) before it actually takes the picture. Which is fine for landscape shots, but not so good when you're trying to capture cute expressions on a very active two-year-old. So I've taken lots of pictures of the side of Britt's head, the back of her head and the top of her head, but not so many of her face.

I wasn't sure whether I was going to keep this new camera, so I never installed the software that came with it. This is the third digital camera I've owned and I've never had this problem before, so I asked everyone I knew if they'd ever heard of such a thing, and they all (except Bridgie, who has an older model) said that their digital cameras also hesitate before taking the picture, which sort of convinced me that they all do these days, and so I finally decided to keep it.

So I grabbed my new camera on my way out the door Saturday morning and got some good pictures of Britt in her class at the zoo and, on Sunday, I finally installed the software so that I could post some of them here on my blog.

But there was a problem.

I got the software installed, I got the camera plugged into the computer with the USB cable, and then I couldn't find any way to upload the pictures from the camera. I mean, seriously! I looked at all the menu choices and even tried a few, and I studied the manual and I still can't figure out how to upload the freakin' pictures off my freakin' camera! I even had Bridgie try it when she came over yesterday and she couldn't figure it out, either.

Gaaaaaaahhhhh!

So, anyway, that's why you haven't had a full report yet, complete with cute pictures, from Britt's first class at the zoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My camera uses Camedia software on my computer. I open Camedia and the main menu has the option to upload the pictures from my camera. I think you should also be able to upload from "My Pictures".

Lesley