Wednesday, September 27, 2006

(Driving Me) Plumb Nuts


Gawd, I wish we had a plumber in the family! Because now I'm gonna have to call one, and that means having a stranger in the house, and you know how I am about that.

The sprayer on my kitchen sink quit working a while back, but I could live without that. I used to use it all the time and I missed having it, but I could live without it.

The other day, I turned the faucet on and no water came out. WTF? Every other faucet in the house worked -- I checked -- but there was no water coming from my kitchen faucet. I stood there, scratched my head, twisted the knobs, and finally picked up the sprayer and squeezed it. And, suddenly, water came pouring out of the faucet. Well, all righty then. Problem solved!

Or so I thought.

Last night, Mikey tried to wash his hands and there was no water. I tried squeezing the sprayer again, but it didn't work this time. Well, the sprayer works, but the faucet doesn't.

Now I'm almost halfway through a day with no water coming from my kitchen faucet and I never before realized how often I use it. I wash my hands every time I change a diaper, and I rinse them every time they get sticky, which is all the time with Britt around. I rinse dirty dishes and I wash down Britt's highchair tray.

So now I have to do all those things using the sprayer, which hadn't been working for at least a year but is now magically restored. And it's a damned pain in the ass, lemme tell you.

Anyway, I guess it's a blockage of some sort. A chunk of mineral deposits that got knocked loose, or something.

Oh, and have I mentioned the shower thing? That's been going on for a few months. You turn on the shower in the main bathroom and hop in and then something in the pipe (**shifts**) and the water pressure cuts down to about half of what it was.

Another mineral deposit, I suppose.

And we still can't use the shower in the master bath because the shower pan leaks.

(**sigh**)

My beloved husband, though wonderful in many ways, is completely useless in situations like this. A handyman he is not. If I didn't have Britt underfoot, I might take a wrench to that stinkin' faucet myself just to see if I could clear the pipe.

I might yet. I dunno.

2 comments:

bookworm said...

I'll check with Chris and see if he either wants to take a look at it or knows someone. Hopefully he can do something before we leave town tomorrow!

bookworm said...

Chris says he can fix it, call me when your up and about and I'll send him over this afternoon. He has an appointment around 10:00 and can come over after that.