Friday, September 15, 2006

Bouncing Baby Britt


Mikey went with us to Britt's two-year checkup on Monday, and it helped a lot. She always pitches a fit when we go because she's gotten so many shots there, and it's hard to handle her by myself when she's thrashing and flailing and screaming her little lungs out.

She measured 33 1/4 inches tall and weighs 30 pounds, 4 ounces. The good news is that she's jumped up to the 25% percentile in height, which was a relief; it's always been the 10th percentile before, so she's finally catching up a little. The bad news is that her weight is in the 95th percentile. She's two pounds overweight.

Oops!

She lost a lot of baby fat last year after she started walking and then she reached the picky eater stage, so I worried about her getting enough to eat. The doctor told me to put a variety of foods in front of her at mealtime, and that's what I've been doing. It just hadn't really registered with me that her picky eater stage had already passed.

I guess me and Mikey aren't the only ones who've been eatin' like show dogs around here.

4 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

Here via' Blogarita...

I have a picky eater to - I so understand, am glad she is growing - and doing well.

Anonymous said...

Sparky has always been a little short for her age, too. She's three and stands about 37" tall.

If Britt is anything like Sparky, she'll have a growth spurt soon and even out those 2 lbs. just fine.

bookworm said...

I'm just so glad that she's doing well! I know we all had some concerns about her development given her mother's history, and every time I see her, she's walking and talking better and doing new stuff too. Personally, I think she's pretty perfect!

Sandra D said...

I have cut back a little on her rations of pooning (pudding) and keem (ice cream), but it's like Mikey says:

"I don't know which two pounds of her I could bear to lose."