Thursday, September 07, 2006

Britt's turning 2


on Saturday. Everyone's been invited (everyone local, that is), the cake's been ordered, gifts have been bought, and frantic housecleaning and de-cluttering have commenced.

Geez, I'll be glad when this is over.

I picked out a perfectly lovely cake: three layers cleverly disguised as gaily wrapped gifts and a fourth layer that's actually a plastic purple gift box that opens into a picture frame. Also, a disposable camera was included in the deal. Woo-hoo!

And then guess what?

I couldn't have it. They didn't have the picture frame or the disposable camera to go with it. I should've ordered it anyway without the extra doodads (at a lower price, of course), but that only occurred to me as I was typing this.

Geez, I think so fast on my feet.

So we're having a SpongeBob cake.

(**yawn**)

Anyway, we did manage to locate a perfectly lovely and hideously expensive play kitchen to replace the one Britt outgrew. Also, a couple of new Baby Einstein videos so we can give the daily round of Baby da Vinci, Boobah and Laurie Berkner a rest. And we may get even more stuff for her, because she's just so darn cute.

I've been flailing around in a panic trying to figure out where to hide all my clutter. Every surface higher than Britt can reach (unless she's using her old play kitchen for a stepstool) is covered with things I don't want her to get hold of and I can't figure out where to put it all so that my house will look somewhat tidy.

Also, the bathroom still needs a thorough scrubbing. Mikey and I are in a Mexican standoff over who gets to tackle that one.

Geez, I'll be glad when this is over.

1 comment:

bookworm said...

I don't know about Mikey's family, but you know we don't care what the house looks like. We just want the pizza and cake!

See you Saturday.