Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Went and bought myself


an 8x8 Pyrex baking dish, because I haven't had one in a long time and when Mikey does the grocery shopping for me he always comes home with the brownie mix that you have to bake in an 8x8 baking dish.

I decided to make brownies from scratch to inaugurate my new 8x8 baking dish, so I searched my cookbooks, found a likely recipe, whipped it up and waited eagerly for the finished result, and was crushed to find that the first brownies ever baked in my new 8x8 baking dish tasted more or less like dryer lint with nuts in it.

Speaking of brownies, I made some one night (from a mix, so they were good) and Mikey sneaked one to Brittany, her first ever. When we went outside the next day, Britt marched straight over to one of my flowerbeds and popped a dirt clod into her mouth. She spit it right out again, but up to this point she'd always been pretty good about not eating dirt, so I could only surmise that for a few glorious moments she had imagined that the ground under her feet was made of brownies, and that she could pick some up and eat it whenever she wanted. What a letdown that must've been!

No comments: