Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Holy cow


It's Mikey's birthday, so we went over to his folks' house to celebrate. They had Italian beef sandwiches shipped in from Portillo's in Chicago.

I made it almost two years without eating any non-organic beef, due to madcowaphobia, but in the last month I've had it four times. Man, the things we do for family.

Of course I ate the beef. In fact, I had two. They were pretty darn good. I prayed first, though, trying to remember what Romans 14 said, and whether or not it applied to this situation. I had look it up when we got home:

If your brother (or mother-in-law) is distressed because of what you eat (or do not eat), you are no longer acting in love...

Same thing over at Chris & Sherri's. How could I not eat Cathy's lasagna?

If your brother (or sister) is distressed because of what you eat (or do not eat), you are no longer acting in love...

And Chris's damn-near-midnight steaks:

If your brother (or nephew-in-law) is distressed because of what you eat (or do not eat), you are no longer acting in love...

Those were the second, third and fourth times. The first time was at my mother-in-law's birthday party right after Christmas -- I was so freaked out that the party wasn't a family-only affair that I ate a meatball and a half before I realized what I was doing.

Anyway, please don't invite me over for dinner for a while, unless you're serving chicken.

No comments: