Sunday, January 01, 2006

Peaceful


Spent the weekend with a few of my favorite people -- Mom, Phil and Jamie came down to visit us. Bridget, Chris and Sherri came over, too, but didn't stay to ring in the New Year with us.

Mom brought and cooked enough food to keep us going all week. She gave my kitchen a good scrub, too (thanks, Ma!). We finally ate some of her black-eyed peas for dinner, which were pretty darn good but now I have terrible garlic breath and need to go brush my teeth but I don't feel like standing up that long.

We downed our annual bottle (or two) of Moët at midnight, then watched Steve McQueen and Andy Griffith's girlfriend in The Blob before going to bed.

Yeah, we live big, I'm tellin' ya.

They left (relatively) early this morning, and I forgot to send Jamie's new mop and vacuum cleaner home with her. I'll send 'em with Mom if she comes back next weekend.

It's been a blissfully quiet day -- as quiet as it can be with an energetic toddler in the house. Now the baby's sleeping, I'm playing on the computer and Mikey's reading his Big Book o' Beatles.

Ah, my happiness is complete: Mikey just told me he brought home a fresh tub of Bluebell ice cream when he went out for milk earlier. I b'lieve I can get on my feet long enough to get me some of that!

No comments: