Sunday, May 08, 2005

What a screwed-up day


I'm tellin' ya, I was not in the mood to be holidayed today.

Finally shook off my inertia this afternoon and went out and found a nice planterful of purple petunias and helichrysum for Sarah's front porch. It was too late to get anything for Mom, so I just called her.

Mikey did pretty good--he bought me a nice dinner and gave me one of these; it's about 3 feet tall and looks almost like a pot plant. Seriously, check out the leaves.

Waited all day to hear from Bridgie. Finally called her about 9:30 and she said, "Oh, I was just about to call you." Uh-huh.

Sarah called earlier and said they would be over after they went to her mom's. She finally came alone around 10:00 bringing cards and a vase of flowers, so I didn't get to lay eyes on any of my offspring today.

Love my flowers and all but, really, I wish this had been just any other Sunday: no guilt, no expectations, no stress. I'm so glad it's over.

No comments: