Thursday, May 19, 2005

Lord help me


to be gracious and kind, always. Just not in a doormat kind of way, okay?

Yesterday was Sarah's half-day so she asked me to take Kayla for two hours. I knew the "two hours" part was bullshit, but I didn't know it would be seven and a half.

Then Kayla was sick so I tried to call Sarah at work but she wasn't there. Called Bob's cell phone (she spilled Coke on hers so it's out-of-order) on the off-chance she might have it with her, but no. She smelled like suntan lotion when she finally did show up. Took me all evening to quit twitching with rage.

If you say you're gonna do something, do it. If you're not gonna do it, just keep your mouth shut. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Anyway, I woke Sarah up this morning when I went to get the baby at 9:00. This is a daily thing, because she stays up all night and can't wake up in the morning and gets repeatedly reprimanded because she doesn't make it to work on time, which is even more embarrassing than it oughta be because she doesn't have to be there until 10:00.

So who do you think rang my doorbell at 10:00?

Uh-huh. Wanting to know if I could keep Kayla today, because she didn't have time to take her to day care, which is in a whole 'nother town that neither she nor Bob goes to except to drop off and pick up Kayla from day care. I've asked her repeatedly to enroll Kayla in a facility closer to home, but Sarah's mother pays half and that's where her mother wants her so that's where she is, and I say her mother can just damn well chauffeur Kayla to and fro then, but...oh, never mind.

So I had to explain to Sarah that no, I could not do it because Sherri's coming over to do some last-minute wedding stuff, plus we have to leave for the rehearsal and dinner at 4:00 and we'll have to take Brittany with us because nobody will be off work yet and if I kept Kayla I'd have to take her along, too, and keeping Kayla entertained doesn't just fit into my schedule today. Plus I'm tired of bending over backward.

You've seen that sign that says, "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"? Yep, that's how I feel about it.

She acted totally exasperated with me when she left, but you know what? I didn't create her problem. She did. And if she loses her job, it won't be because she was late today; it'll be because she's late nearly every day.

(**sigh**)

Sorry, y'all, but I just get so aggravated, you know?

No comments: