Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Arrrrg--I hate going to the doctor


Finally went yesterday to see about the pain in my hipbone, pelvic bone, whatever you want to call it, and it was a complete waste of time. It always is.

Called my regular doctor first and found out he'd retired, so I had to find a new general practitioner, right? So I made an appointment with another doctor in the same building, who waited until I was on his examining table to say, "I'm not the one to tell you what's wrong with your hip." Didn't take an x-ray, poke around on it, or nothin'. Instead, he referred me to an orthopedist. I was like, "Well, crap, what did I come here for then?"

Besides, he got a little frosty when I mentioned my pharmaceutical phobia. I don't think I want this guy to be my new general practitioner.

So now I'm right back where I was. Less my $20 co-pay.

No comments: