Saturday, April 02, 2005

A treasure trove


Out of the blue, just got a package in the mail full of newspaper clippings:

I don't know if you will enjoy reading about all of this, but I thought you might. Some history, some up-to-date stuff, and a lot of funny, sad and morbid.

My mom's the coolest.

First, some bad news: Uncle Rich had surgery for prostate cancer. No word yet if he has to have chemo. What a lousy year for him--being shipped out to Iraq, then the hurricane, and now this. We'll be praying that he gets through it just fine.

Been flipping through this packet and I'm just delighted. Let's see--some history, some politics, some WWII heroes, some spiritual pieces, the Amanda Bateman murder (no, Ma--I never pick up hitchhikers), ooh--more politics...

So Margie's a Red Hat? She needs to see Mikey--he's got lots of Red Hat stuff.

An autographed photo of Paul James, the Gardener Guy, playing a grass guitar.

An obituary for the doctor who delivered me almost 43 years ago, God bless him. He was 81 and had delivered over 7,000 babies.

Anyway, lots of stuff in here I can use for my blog. Thanks, Mom!

No comments: