Monday, April 11, 2005

Birthday flowers


Made our annual trek to Grandpa's Greenthumb yesterday. Got a couple of hydrangeas to replace the ones Mikey pre-emergented to death, and a miniature rosebush to replace one I accidentally yanked up while weeding. Geraniums and asparagus fern for my big patio pot, and some lantana.

Didn't find much I wanted, really. Still need forsythia and a flat of something or other and a couple of packets of seeds to fill in some empty spots, and then I should be all set for the year.

Oh, yeah--snuck out last week and bought some different colors of irises--blue, pink and yellow--and some echinacea. And a packet of zinnia seeds.

Got everything planted already and Mikey mowed and edged this weekend, so the yard's lookin' pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis; Just thought I would say Happy Birthday to my favorite little sister. Remember, no matter how old you get, you'll always be my little sister.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you Phil & Jamie

Sandra D said...

Thanks, P&J. I had a happy one.