Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Trouble in Paradise


Mikey slept on the couch last night.

No, no, it's not what you're thinking. It's the cat.

Last Monday night, he pissed on our bed. It didn't occur to me that he'd do it again, but he did it again on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I didn't remember to shut the door in time and he did it again.

Well, you don't have to tell me more than three times, so after that the bedroom door stayed shut.

Until Sunday night, when we came home from a cookout/pool party at the in-laws'. I changed clothes in the bedroom, but was so bleary-eyed, stumbling-around tired that I forgot to close the door behind me when I went to crash on the couch in the living room.

And guess what the little bastard did?

Yep, this time he even got the pillows.

Even after sheet-changing and mattress-scrubbing and pillow-switching, Mikey claimed that the stench woke him up several times during the night. So, last night he slept on the couch.

We can't live like this. The cat has got to go.

This is your last chance, y'all. Does anybody want a cat? Because I'm gonna start looking into shelters today.

3 comments:

bookworm said...

If we had a house....I'm sorry the cat's been such a pain. Mom really doesn't want it back though, and I don't know anyone who would take it. Can you convince Bridgie to take it? You could send it back to Phil - he's the one who brought it up here in the first place!

Sandra D said...

Bridge already said no.

I wish Phil woulda left the damned thing up the tree.

bookworm said...

I was just reading Here Be Hippogriffs, and she recommends Anti-Icky Poo to get rid of the cat smell.