Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vomitus Horribilis


There's only one thing Britt does that drives me absolutely batshit crazy: when she gets really really upset, she vomits.

I don't mean a little spit-up. I mean she spews. The child has range. It goes everywhere.

(**sigh**)

This last time, it was only 30 minutes after I got her to sleep for the night and that damned Emergency Broadcast System or whatever it is started blaring on the TV and it was so frickin' loud it made me jump. Britt woke up screaming, so I went and laid down with her and she cried and cried and started gagging and I was all "No, no, no, noooooo..." and thar she blew. She was covered with it and so was I and so was the bed. She even managed to spray the carpet at the foot of the bed.

A few weeks before that, she spewed all over herself, me, the couch, the living room carpet, the kitchen floor, the kitchen cabinets and Mikey. It was a stunning performance, lemme tell ya.

She did it a couple of times in the tub when she was going through her bath-phobia phase (which has passed, thank God!), she barfed all over her safety gate once (which was a bitch to clean), and she did it a couple of times when she was still in her crib so that I had to run the bumper pads and all through the washer.

I'm guessing she has a hair-trigger gag reflex because sometimes she'll gag a little when she laughs really hard, too. I've never known of a baby vomiting like she does, though, so I don't really know what to make of it. It's kind of like The Exorcist, except her puke's not green. And her head doesn't spin. Mine sure does, though.

1 comment:

bookworm said...

Have you talked to her doctor about it yet? Maybe there is something that can help that.