Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's a happy Mother's Day


We aren't breakfast-eaters, so breakfast in bed isn't something I would expect. But Mikey did bring me a nice lunch from Applebee's. Also, he washed a sinkful of dishes for me.

Britt brought me a rose from one of my own rosebushes. Sweet little Pooh.

Bridgie brought me a card and a balloon. She said the balloon was actually for Britt, to keep her out of my hair for a while. It worked, until Britt snuck her balloon outside. She came running to tell me, "My beyoon fyew away! I need a hewwicopter to get it! Hurry! Let's go get one!"

I'm still waiting to hear from my son, who forgot my birthday. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Anyway, Mikey and Britt are off to round up gifts and visit his mother and grandmother, so I'm having a peaceful afternoon. I've already called my mom, and sent her flowers earlier in the week, so I plan on spending the rest of the day doing as little as possible.

LATER: Well, my plan didn't work out. Mikey and Britt brought me cards and candy and not flowers but five Variegated Euonymus bushes to plant in front of the house. Which is cool, except that we spent the evening digging holes and planting them. But now I plan to spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible.

And Bob still hasn't called.

EVEN LATER: He finally called. So, yeah, I had a pretty happy Mother's Day. I hope you all did, too (where applicable).

No comments: