Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Out of the mouth of the babe


Some people call it a seesaw, some call it a teeter-totter. Britt splits the difference and calls it a "see-sotter."

The mockingbird that hangs around our front yard is a "birdpecker."

Whenever Mikey or I head toward the potty, she'll call after us, "Have a good accinent!"

My sewing machine is a "smoke machine."

Britt can hear kids playing in the yard behind ours and she's desperate to go play with them. Yesterday she came in and told me, "I can't get on the fence. I need a idea... Like this (holding up the ladder on a Matchbox fire truck). A ladder!"

She tells me I'm "prettiful."

She says she's a bird, so she can't use the regular bathtub anymore; she needs a birdbath to take her bath in.

We pass the neighborhood park going to and from school, and Britt gets very upset if she sees anyone else there. She'll roll down the window and yell at them, "Hey, you're in my park! Get outta my park, now! Get out!"

Also, she yells at other cars on the road. "Get out of the way!" "Hey, watch it, ya big skunk!"

When she does something she thinks is helpful, she'll say, "I'm a good job!"

She sure is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute mom. And I am missing it all.