Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Just ducky


Can you see her?

Photobucket

No? Can you see her now?

Photobucket

We have a duck nesting right outside our front door. Britt, of course, is absolutely entranced.

Photobucket

She's always wanting to go outside to see the duckie.

(Can you tell she put her own shoes on?)

Photobucket

All. Day. Long.

(That orange thing on the porch is her bubble barbecue. She stuck a popsicle stick in the fan and burned out the motor.)

Photobucket

So we go out once in the morning so she can feed the duck a piece of bread. We go out once in the afternoon to make sure she's still there. The rest of the day I fend off demands to go out and see the duckie. All. Day. Long.

The duck is apparently sitting on some eggs, since she doesn't get up and run away. Duck eggs take a month to hatch. I looked it up.

It's gonna be a very long month for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaawww! How cute. At least she doesn't have any plumber's crack showing!!!

I was going to call you later and beg for some plants next time you do any dividing or whatever. We've finally started planting stuff - I have a rose bush and 3 Gulf Stream Nandinas. We also got some tomatoe and pepper plants that we've got to get planted this evening.

Sherri

Jessica said...

She's so cute. It may be a long month but it will be worth it in the end. :) Yes, Lilly is so cute. I have more sono pics being scanned so I will forward them to Bob as soon as I get them! :)