Friday, December 28, 2007

Is it...? Is it over yet?


It is? Oh, good. Me and Christmas don't always get along that well.

This year wasn't too bad, though. I had my own car and got to do my own shopping. Plus I wasn't wracked by depression, which helped a lot.

Anyway, guess what?

Mama's got a brand new bag!

And new mixing bowls!

Also, some lovely new glassware, because Mikey carries all our glasses off to the store with his morning Coke fix and they never come back; these are not allowed to leave the house.

And a crock pot, finally. Mikey's not thrilled about that because he thinks he's gonna be eating overcooked goop from now on, but I'm totally excited about a whole new world of easy cooking possibilities. Because if there's one thing I hate worse than Christmas, it's cooking.

Plus, I got this so I can play with this (because it's not Mac-compatible).

Britt had a great Christmas. Or five. By the time she opened her gifts from us on Christmas morning, she was kind of burned out on the whole thing; she wandered off in the middle of it to play with her Play-Dough. Her mother brought a bunch of stuff over on Friday, her other grandpa's package arrived on Saturday, and we saw her dad on Sunday, so by Tuesday the seemingly endless flood of gifts was kind of like, eh, whatever.

Now we just need a bigger house to hold all her stuff.

No comments: