Saturday, September 15, 2007

Time Warp


I was bored last night so I finally clicked on one of those Classmates.com ads and spent a couple of hours looking up my old classmates.

And, y'all? That was some kind of trippy.

Granted, it's been 27 years since my class graduated, but sweet Lord Jesus! The ones who had pictures posted looked so old! Way older than me!

Do I look older than I think I do? It's all right, you can tell me. I promise won't get mad (***fingers crossed***).

But what really surprised me was how many of the names didn't even ring a bell anymore. And then some of the names were familiar, but I couldn't put a face to them. I would look 'em up but I don't think I still have my yearbooks. Or, if I do, they're stashed in some box that got packed four or five moves ago and they aren't likely to surface anytime soon.

Another thing I noticed is that some of my classmates have more grandkids than I do. I didn't expect that, for some reason, and now I'm jealous.

I've never gone to any class reunions -- well, I started to go to my tenth, but poison ivy and a bad reaction to Caladryl left my face looking like hamburger meat so I skipped it. But I just haven't been interested since then. My teenage years were not the happiest of my life -- mostly my own damn fault -- and I really don't want to relive them, even though I turned out pretty all right after all. Eventually.

Well, at least I think I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandie, you look very young!

Sandra D said...

Well, thank you, um, whoever you are.

Is that you, Les? Jessica?