Thursday, September 20, 2007

Britt's a girly girl, but


she has a tomboy streak, too.

This evening she played in the backyard while I cooked dinner, and I kept an eye on her through the big bay window.

At one point, I turned around and flipped smooth out when I saw that she was standing on an upended bucket, trying to get a leg up over a limb on the redbud tree so she could climb it.

Later I watched as she dropped her shorts, squatted, and peed on the grass.

Where the hell does she learn this stuff?

*****

Mikey's been trying to get Britt over her phone shyness, so he calls our house phone from his cell phone, gets her to answer it, then goes into another room while they have a conversation over the phone.

That's been going so well that he dialed up Grandma Sarah tonight and handed the phone to Britt, and she and GiGi had a long, giggly chat.

Then I dialed Bob's number and handed the phone to Britt and she had a long, giggly chat with her daddy, or so I thought. When I finally got the phone away from her, I heard a woman's voice saying "Your message has been sent." So I guess she had a long, giggly long distance chat with a recording.

Next time I'll make sure he answers the phone before I hand it to her.

No comments: