Monday, April 03, 2006

AWOL again


Last night I peeked in at Britt before I went to bed, like I always do, and guess what? She wasn't there. Her bed was empty.

She doesn't sleep in her crib anymore; she sleeps on the guest bed in her room, which we took down to just the mattress on the floor so she wouldn't fall off and get hurt.

Anyway, I peeked in and she wasn't there and panic started to rise because she couldn't be anywhere else. I stepped over the safety gate and started searching and it wasn't until I got past the rocking chair that I saw her -- curled up on the floor, sound asleep, about two feet away from the bed. I guess she rolled off and didn't wake up, because I'd been in the next room since I put her to bed and I never heard a thing.

So it wasn't nearly as bad as last time, but I wish she'd quit disappearing on me like that because it's plumb wearin' out my nerves.

1 comment:

bookworm said...

Just wait until she starts climbing over the gate! Either Lesley or I started climbing out of our crib when we were younger than Britt is now. We never got "lost", we just made really big messes!:)