Monday, March 27, 2006

254 bucks


That's how much it cost to fix our 5-year-old fridge after the defrost heater went out. Now I have to throw out all the food in it. Gaaah!

In other everything's-falling-apart-around-here news, Mikey's been helping Chris install our new heat & air system. They had to run all new ductwork through the attic because the ductwork under the concrete slab foundation is corroded and full of sand and water.

Mikey only fell through the ceiling once:

Image hosting by Photobucket

I suppose I should be happy that it happened in the garage and not in the living room.

Don't tell him I told you; he would not be amused.

2 comments:

bookworm said...

I was going to rag on Mikey about that, but Chris said he (Mikey) was not amused and I'd better not say anything.

Trust me, it could have been a lot worse. Chris tells a story about walking thru an attic, and the next thing he knows, he's sitting on the couch beside the homeowner! Apparently the joist he was walking on broke underneath him. It's funny now, but it could have been a bad, bad experience for everyone. Damn termites! Turned out she had to have a large portion of her house repaired/replaced.

Anonymous said...

Opps looks like a good place for one of those fold up ladders or attic fan, or air intake or a trap door hee hee. I'm glad I never did that..