Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Road Trippin'


I took Jessica and the girls out to lunch before leaving Wichita this afternoon; Britt scored a balloon as we left the restaurant.

While driving home to OKC, I heard her say, "My beyoon! I'm going to call you Beyoony! You're my very best friend for ever and ever! You're stupendous!"

I almost drove right off the road. Our little genius used a three-syllable word in appropriate context! When she can't even pronounce "balloon"!

Then she slept for most of the trip home and, when she woke up, she found that Beyoony had lost most of his air. She said, "Oh, Beyoony. You are not my friend anymore. I'm going to pop you!"

And so she did.

And then -- well, have you seen the U-Haul trucks that have the big green spider painted on the side? After we passed one on the highway, she twisted around in her seat and yelled, "You'll never catch us, Spider Truck!"

Seriously, y'all, with entertainment like that emanating from my back seat, what do I need a car stereo for?

No comments: