Monday, March 05, 2007

"You cannot be fucking serious"


is what I said.

We have tickets for the Eric Clapton concert tonight. It starts less than three hours from now.

Bridget gave Mikey the tickets for Christmas, and it made him cry because it was the first time either of my kids had ever put real thought into what kind of gift he might really like to get.

So we've had over two months to prepare for this night. Bridgie's coming over to babysit Britt. I just took a shower and was fixin' to get ready. And then Mikey called...

You see, there's a trade show in town right now. Our store has a booth there. Actually, we have a booth that covers six booth spaces. And Mikey and his sister are manning it while his brother and mother hold down the store.

So Mikey called and said that he doesn't think we can go to the concert. He's unloading a truck, which will take at least two more hours, and then he has to return the truck, and then he'll be filthy and will need a shower and there just isn't time to do all that before the concert starts.

This is where I said, "You cannot be fucking serious." Among other things.

He asked if I thought Bridgie and her boyfriend would like to use the tickets. I said, "Yeah, that would be like us going to a Hoobastank concert." Just not our cup of tea.

Anyway, I told him that if we aren't going, he's gonna have to be the one to tell Bridgie, because she's going to be very disappointed. Possibly crushed. So I gave him her number. And that's the last I've heard.

I'm so pissed. It's not that I really wanted to go that bad; it's seeing such a special gift go to waste that makes me so mad. Any other time, it would've been no problem. Tonight, of all nights, it's suddenly a problem.

I am just not believing this.

3 comments:

Blogarita said...

So, what happened? Did you get to go or not? I'd be mad, too.

bookworm said...

You've got to be kidding me! I hope that you ended up going. Should've called me - we could have gone and left the men at home!

Sandra D said...

Sorry, Sher, I didn't even think about calling you. Bridgie and a friend used the tickets. She said she really enjoyed the concert, so it wasn't a total waste after all.