Monday, July 31, 2006

He drives me crazy


ooh ooh
like no one else
ooh ooh...


Mikey and I are planning a trip to Chicago sometime in the next few months. Driving, of course, since he won't get on a plane. We also need to go to Orlando to visit his 81-year-old grandpa -- before it's, you know, too late.

So I fiddled around with a trip planner and figured that it's a twelve-hour drive to Chicago. It'll be rough with Britt strapped into her carseat, but doable if we split it over two days.

Orlando, however, is 19 hours. That would be three days driving -- and three more days driving back.

Also, just for kicks, I looked up Newport since we want to go back there next year for a second honeymoon. That's a 25-hour drive, at least eight days in the car getting there and back.

After reporting my findings, the discussion went something like this:

So, how are we gonna get to Orlando?

We're not flying.

It's only $311 per ticket!

No. I value my life too much.

Later:

So, if you value your life too much to get on a plane to Orlando, how are we getting to Newport next year?

We'll have to take a two-week vacation, I guess.

(**crickets**)

How 'bout I take a plane and meet you there?

No comments: