Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The plot thickens


I am now the proud owner of four burial plots at Hogan Cemetery. In the old section, not the new one across the road.

When I go, I want to go home. Where my roots are. Where my dad, both sets of grandparents and one set of great-grandparents are. And lots of aunts and uncles and a few cousins.

Mikey doesn't have a family cemetery. There's one grandpa buried in Chicago and one grandma buried in Alabama. I don't have a clue where he'd try to plant me if I kicked off any time soon, but I don't want it to be here. I followed Mikey in life; he can follow me in death, can't he? I mean, fair's fair. Right?

Of course, I haven't discussed any of this with him.

So Mom's been busy getting my plots for me and she called the other night to tell us the deed was done. Mikey answered the phone and chatted with her awhile, like he always does. Then I heard him say, "No, she hasn't said anything about it to me."

(***wince***)

Busted!

We still haven't discussed it. I'm kind of waiting for him to ask, and kind of hoping he doesn't. I feel so awkward about it now.

No comments: