Friday, March 04, 2005

Intro to Daddy's B-17 tour


Like I said earlier, the 60th anniversary of Daddy's missions is coming up, beginning March 14, and I'll be posting lots of interesting stuff about them. He never talked about any of it, but others did and some even wrote it all down and put it online for me to find.

Like Marshall Stelzriede, a B-17 navigator who was stationed at Snetterton Heath, the same place as Daddy but about 18 months earlier. His website gave me the best overall picture of it might have been like--I printed out a big chunk of the journal for Mom a couple of years ago, so you might have seen that part already. But the site is very thorough and detailed, with lots of pictures, which should give you some idea of what our dad went through.

Until I started studying on this, I had absolutely no idea what he did over there. Now I do, and I'm pretty impressed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The website link doesn't seem to be working.

Sandra D said...

Sorry, dear. It works now.