Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Pre-K Fever


Bethany is currently enrolling kids for Pre-K for NEXT year. They have 80 spots available. People are CAMPING OUT at the school right now -- IN THE RAIN -- to be one of the first 80. Mikey is one of them.

Jeez.

We talked about sending Britt to private school but the cost per year is about the price of a small car, so I thought she would go to the elementary school about a mile from our house. It's a perfectly nice school in a perfectly nice neighborhood and I could be there in five minutes if she got sick or hurt. We never talked about Bethany.

But Candy called Sunday night and told him about the enrollment this week, and he's been a man possessed ever since. He's so consumed by it he can think of nothing else. I can't even get him to help me plan Britt's birthday party this weekend.

Anyway, Andrea camped out over there last night and put Carlee and Brittany on the list. We're #26. So if there's a list, why is camping out for another night necessary? Mikey cannot explain this to me; he's just doing what he was told. So he's over there with a lawn chair and a blanket and a book, and we're supposed to go meet him at 8AM with all our papers to do the actual enrolling.

And, you know what?

He never even asked me if I wanted to send her to Bethany.

This is some majorly crazy shit, man.

UPDATE: Mikey called at 6AM and said they were going to start enrolling between 7:00 and 7:30, so we got dressed and went up there. Cops and news photographers everywhere; apparently there was quite a tussle over line-cutting or something two years ago.

Anyway, the deed is done; acceptance/denial letters go out in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I just don't know what to say...

So, when's Brit's party, where, etc. No one's said anything to me about it yet. Also, what is she into this year? I hope still books - any special requests?

Sherri
(still won't let me log in)

Sandra D said...

Hey, I was going to call you and Cathy today! Honest! I'm doing everything at the last frickin' minute this year, as usual.

Yes, books. Dr. Seuss, Curious George, anything about animals. She looooooves animals.

Party at my house, Saturday evening so Bob can be here. We're grilling burgers if Mikey will go buy us a new grill.