Friday, June 27, 2008

Pretty in Pink, Pt. 2


I finally recovered from our recent painting marathon and finished painting the bookcase so we could move it out of the entryway (where we have to squeeze past it to get to the front door) and into Britt's room.

She requested a rainbow but Mikey didn't want me to get too gaudy with it, so I painted the front edges of the shelves to match her closet doors, and she was delighted with the results:

Britt's New Room

We moved it into her room last night and she rounded up all her books to put on the shelves. She was so excited about it that I'm beginning to feel glimmerings of hope that the books might actually stay there instead of being scattered all over the living room floor, but time will tell.

She also picked out which stuffed animals she wanted on the top shelf, but I'm fixin' to go yank the ugly red gorilla and the green teddy bear because they clash with my color scheme.

I'm going to paint a few flowers and butterflies or bees or something on the sides and tried to get started on that today but couldn't print out the template I want to use because the printer's out of ink. So I taped a sheet of paper to the computer screen and traced it. Then I dug the projector out of the garage and discovered that my template is too big for the projector window. Also, I can't get the damned picture to focus because the projector's electrical cord is too short.

So, no painting today. It'll have to wait until I can get to the getting place for some ink and an extension cord. Actually, it will have to wait until Tuesday when Britt's back in school; she's been very disappointed that all the painting happens when she's not here, because she wants to help.

(***shudder***)

No comments: