Monday, April 24, 2006

Our new baby


Our new puppy
Originally uploaded by Sandra D..

She's a keeshond (pronounced kayz-hund), and she's 10 weeks old. We haven't decided on a name yet. She's Penny if you ask me, Bubbles if you ask Mikey and Cat if you ask Britt.

We brought her home Sunday and she rode all the way home from Newalla on my lap without peeing on me. We took that as a good sign, but we were wrong. It doesn't matter how much time we spend outside; I swear she holds it until she comes back into the house.

Uh, Bridgie? I'm gonna need my carpet shampooer back, like real soon.

Anyway, Penny/Bubbles/Cat is like a fluffy little teddy bear and her fur is really soft. Britt spent most of today playing in the backyard with her; she's a sweet and playful dog and very patient with Britt, who's doing better than I expected. She doesn't try to pick up the dog or pull her fur, but she won't give her a minute's peace either.

It's like having a new baby in the house; she kept us up all last night, whimpering for attention instead of sleeping. I guess it's gonna take a while for us all adjust to each other.

I just hope she lets us get some sleep tonight.

2 comments:

bookworm said...

She's adorable, but I thought you wanted a smaller dog? I can't wait to come over and see her (or him).

Sandra D said...

She'll be a medium-sized dog; she'll just look bigger because of all the fur.